Tuesday, May 18, 2010

disappointments

You failed me before

When confronted about the idea of us

And lived to tell the tale

Over and over again

Mocking my history and the gravity of words

It didn’t matter, I had once said

For experience teaches us to do better

I failed you too

When I spoke of others

Paraded in your wake

Though we both knew

they but served a purpose

in that game of charades

I had to dawdle in

I failed you again

One stormy night

A subtle reminder of our carnal desires

Though it held a promise of the unknown

We navigated through the storm of our fears

With nothing but the most basal senses

But that marked but a beginning

An excavation into something deeper

A never ending search for something more,

A hunt made more exciting,

More treacherous than the last

Each time we promised it would be the last

Each time we thought we’d found what we’d been looking for

Yet here we stand

Separated by an ever growing chasm

Filled with nothing but unearthed garbage

A thrilling testimony

To the failure that is us.

2 comments:

  1. youch. the failure that is us. :) nice. I like this description of a (possibly) erotic encounter.
    "We navigated through the storm of our fears

    With nothing but the most basal senses

    But that marked but a beginning

    An excavation into something deeper

    A never ending search for something more,"

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks. :)

    i was hoping the images could be interpreted as single events and as a compounded whole.

    ReplyDelete