Tuesday, January 25, 2011

jessamine you bow
even as you break.
I could pick you now
or later,
depending on the sun.

your arms creep over the fence
of our neighbour's home.
I could see where your smiles
had taken root.

jessamine you promise
sleep without dreams
a small dose for large sighs
a handful for thoughts.

how will I touch you:
test with two fingers
or by tugging at a fistful
of your hair?

how will I taste you:
full on my tongue
or by nibbles at the edges
of your feet?

my fruit of knowledge
in a garden of thorns
I should like to take you
into the kitchen
and bake you whole
into my lunch.

all parts of you are potent;
so it is said.
you are more ravenous
than the curse of a full moon
although
you aren't nearly as wild.

jessamine my salvation
rests on whether you bloom
where I've sown. or will you,
curse your sweet name,
spoil like dreams in the sun?

Note: Yellow Jessamine is a poisonous shrub. NOTHING else :P Yuck to kimp for even suggesting *gasp* pedophilia!


Copyright 2011 Cristina Cheng

3 comments:

  1. hmmm who is jessamine? a lover or a child?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow jessamine :-) it's a poisonous shrub. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh. i love it!
    so pwede bang ma-high with it? lol.

    ReplyDelete