Wednesday, October 20, 2010

When all this is over
I look forward to starting my life anew
When all this is over
I already know what I’d want to do

I’d start with a job, perhaps
And log in long hours.
I’d work day and night if I have to.
But maybe I should start with driver’s ed
And work on the long laborious process
Of getting an actual license
Then get a car, no matter how rundown
As long as the engine is good and it runs
I can live with that.

I’d probably start looking for a place to live too.
Somewhere quiet, where I can
spend my evenings in peace,
take leisurely walks around the district
when the mood strikes me so,
where I can lay out in the open
and stare aimlessly at the clear night skies
for hours on end.

But all that’s a fantasy of course.
As long as I’m in this,
None of that would be possible.
So long as I’m in this,
I’m just going to have to keep on dreaming.
Otherwise, I’d run the risk
Of sinking further, deeper,
In this quagmire of illusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment