Thursday, July 23, 2020

Personal Record

I told a friend over chat
how this were a season for flowers
and coffee in styro cups
How calendars are marked in red,
circled to remind about rosary dates.

This is the season for that, I'd said,
and that is a reason to stay.

The next day, she'd deactivated.

This is also the season for every
man for himself; find shelter
where there is a kind word, a mild emoji.
I could not see you, I would have said,
but I missed you every day.

This is a season that has lasted longer
than the changing of clouds.
This is a season that has carried with it
more rain than the ocean can hold.
Tonight is radio silence from the edges of the world.

I could not see you, I would have said,
but I missed you every day.
I would have said, I wish you well.
I would have said, take care.
I would have sent you a meme.

No comments:

Post a Comment