Sunday, May 22, 2011

Nemesis I'm not sure
if this is cure or a whip
against your flesh-
this laying on your shoulder-
for either of us.

In flight, you unsheath
a smile. Here I pluck
at your sun-bright eyes
and bring the night down
to blanket our embrace.

When we met I sprouted wings
made of wax and feathers.
When we met you grew a halo
and sweetened the sea.
Grow a fire for me

because I am ready to fall
as I come closer to heat
and your yellow heart.
I don't know how to be good
anymore, not as I cry out.

I've found a dagger.
Imagine me,undone,
to find the hilt in my hand.
Your head on a pillow
as my skin become scales.

I have to fall on my knees
begging you turn the blade
cut out tongue, ears, jugular
of this beast. I have earned
your cold shoulder.


Copyright 2011 Cristina T. Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment